Tree 2 TableOleev Olive Oils are made from select olives chosen with care. Each farmer’s produce is well-monitored by experts throughout the season to check for the quality of the olive fruit. Oleev Olive Oils are graded by a panel of 24 expert olive oil tasters. Packaged with fully automated machines to ensure cleanliness and good hygiene throughout the process, the bottles are protected with a plastic film or corrugated cardboard boxes for safe transport.
- Once the best quality olives are grown and cared for, they are collected for processing. Latest automatic equipment is used to pick the olives so that they are untouched by hand, making sure there is no contamination or compromise on quality.
- Our olives are divided into categories according to their plumpness, state of ripeness, and quality. They are then taken to our facility and stored under closely monitored conditions.
- The storage period is short enough to prevent fermentation but long enough to allow the olives to get warm so that they release their oil easily.
Washing & Milling
- Oleev olives are first rinsed in cold water to decontaminate and to clean them thoroughly before further processing.
- Once clean, they are passed along a conveyer belt between rollers or continuous hammers, often called the olive crusher, to break down the cells and de-stone the olives.
- Depending on the resilience of the olives’ skin and the stage of maturation, it may be necessary to pass the fruit through the mill a second time.
- The resulting paste is subjected to the Malaxation Process, in which the paste is churned slowly, so that smaller droplets combine to form larger ones for ease of extraction.
- The temperature is kept below 27°C so that the oil does not lose its quality, flavor and shelf life due to oxidation.
- The extraction of Oleev Olive Oil takes place by phase separation using a mechanical system called centrifuge decanter.
- The temperature during extraction is maintained below 25°C to prevent any damage to the flavor and quality of the resultant oil. The product obtained from this step is virgin oil and the by-product is the residue pulp called pomace.
- Virgin oil is graded by as given below and stored in stainless stell containers at 15°C, away from light, heat and oxygen to prevent it from becoming rancid.
Oleev Extra Light
- Lampante oil, with more than 3.3% acidity is refined using latest techniques to raise its smoke point, reduce the acid content and make the oil more versatile. This refined olive oil is then blended with 1-5% Oleev Extra Virgin Oil to restore a mild flavor and maintain high quality standards.
- Oleev oils are graded by a panel of 24 expert olive oil tasters. The best quality of extra virgin olive oil is selected for our consumers to ensure there is no compromise on taste and nutritional benefits.
- Oleev Extra Virgin Oil– with acidity less than 0.8%
- Virgin oil– with acidity between 0.8-2.0%
- Oridnary oil– with acidity between 2.0-3.3%
- Lampante Oil– with acidity more than 3.3%
- Oleev Olive Oils are packaged with fully automated machines to ensure cleanliness and good hygiene throughout the process.
- Carefully selected packaging materials ensure that the oil is protected from light, oxygen and heat. Our consumer products team also ensures that the packaging is user-friendly.
- The bottles are subsequently protected with a plastic film or corrugated cardboard boxes for safe transport.